Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC dynamic assignment to same vlan either coming in/out of band

Hi,

Pls forgive my ignorance, I am fresh in the NAC biz.

I have a requirement from a customer, quite large hospital with many high rising, they want to assign the MDs to the same vlan, whether s/he is using the desktop in the out clinic, which would be Layer-3 OOB, as well as while s/he is using the wireless Tablet PC/PDA during the ward round.

The question is if this is some thing achievable. A little hint how to do it, would be great help.

Appreciate your expertise.

Thanks

Sami

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NAC dynamic assignment to same vlan either coming in/out of

Per user role VLAN can be enabled for OOB.

The VLAN is configured on the role and during the OOB configuration there's a checkbox that you have to enable so the user receives the vlan configured on the role (I don't remember the exact section right now..).

With this, whenever a user that is part of a specific role connects, it will receive the same VLAN according to what's configured on it's role.

Hope this helps.

1 REPLY

Re: NAC dynamic assignment to same vlan either coming in/out of

Per user role VLAN can be enabled for OOB.

The VLAN is configured on the role and during the OOB configuration there's a checkbox that you have to enable so the user receives the vlan configured on the role (I don't remember the exact section right now..).

With this, whenever a user that is part of a specific role connects, it will receive the same VLAN according to what's configured on it's role.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content