Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Guest Licensing

kbovis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a customer who has downloaded and installed an evaluation copy of NAC Guest Server and installed it on a 3315 appliance.  They are happy with this :-)  They want to make the license permanent, but cannot get a PAK key for the 3315 and cannot find a part code to order against.

My question is: Can a NAC3315-250-K9 be upgraded to a NAC3315-Guest-K9. Is there a part code to order the license or is there a 'technical' reason why this can't be done?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Guest Server can run on NAC appliance 3315 or 3310.

So if you have a 3315, you can simply order a NGS PAK and then obtain a license file with it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/support_guide/license.html#wp43373.

Can a NAC3315-250-K9 be upgraded to a NAC3315-Guest-K9?

No. There is no option to upgrade from 2 different products. To obtain a NGS PAK you can order one of this part numbers:

- NAC3310-GUEST-K9

- NAC3315-GUEST-K9

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5707/ps8418/ps6128/product_data_sheet0900aecd806e98c9.html.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Tiago,

thanks for your reply.  I'm still unsure what an NGS PAK is (NGS?). Surely if I order a NAC3315-Guest-K( I will get a PAK key (good) but I will also get another appliance (bad).

Rgds

Kev

Hi,

NGS = NAC Guest Server.

Well, the best thing to do is to speak directly to your Cisco Sales representative and ask the PAK only, and not the HW.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Ah OK, thanks for that.  I thought it might be bad news.

Thanks for your help.

Rgds

Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card