Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC, IBNS and Cisco Trusted Agent

I have seen a half dozen articles/white papers on these topics. But have not seen a good reference on implementation, hardware required etc.

I am looking to implement a enterprise wide security solution. NAC, IBNS and CTA all seem to be geared to provide that solution but I cannot find any detailed references on them. I need more info than just the managerial sales pitch info.

4 Replies 4

I digress. I found some addtional info on implementation so that topic is moot. Other questions come to light. Does the NAC tool set allow for authentication with Active Directory? Also is there better roll out date than Mid 2004?

Hi,

To be honest, there probably are not a whole lot of people that monitor this forum and are aware of the ins and outs of NAC. The reasons for this is because most of us have not seen it live and in color yet. Neither the IOS code nor the anti-virus code (that I am aware of) is available yet. Might be best to talk to your local Cisco account team concerning this.

Now, with this said, I will give you my answers to your questions based on what I know.

Q - Does NAC tool set allow for authentication with AD?

A - Yes, eventually...phase II includes integration with current 802.1x technology which allows you to use AD as an external backend db. Phase I which is due out sometime around January (12.3T release) is L3 only and does not have any user authentication included.

Q - Better rollou date?

A - At this time, no. Phase I is set for the 1st half of 2004 and phase II is set for the second half of 2004. Based on past schedules, this probably means June and December ;)

Hope this helps some. Feel free to ask some follow up questions if needed.

Scott

Any updates on this ?

Is there any detailled technical documentation for CTA and NAC?

Or a working demo or beta ?

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card