Cisco Support Community
Community Member

NAC license issue

I am trying to setup a CCA CAM server, but the initial web page which instructs to install the license file isn't working. Has anyone else had trouble installing licenses on these machines? If so, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Community Member

Re: NAC license issue

Did you find an answer for your problem?

I just setup a 4.1 version of the CAM and I have the same problem. I can ping back and forth between the CAM and the PC I'm using to access the CAM but the web page does not come up. Both systems are on the same VLAN.

Community Member

I had the same problem and ended up opening a TAC case.

The problem is the licensing is not very intuitive, and is tied to the MAC address you enter. In fact, I'd call it counter-intuitive. When you enter the MAC during the licensing you tie that license to that MAC and none other.

If you've got problems with the license, it just may be the only way to resolve is through a TAC case or direct contact with Cisco Licensing.

When I had the problem they needed to reset the license and were very helpful in walking me through the process.

If you can ping and not connect, check your DNS entry. If the DNS entry is not made (or wrong), you could face connection issues, because the pages are called by the CAM software by server name and not IP.

Community Member

I had similar problems, and I also had to call to Cisco License, as the last post said. It is very important to write the right MAC addresses of the CAM server (interface eth0) and if you're managing servers with HA, also send the MAC address of the CAM FO server.

CreatePlease to create content