Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Load Balancing

rdianat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I know this question was asked before by someone else and is still un-answered. Has anyone done NAC Load Balancing? Any link on the best practice? I am doing OOB-L3-Real IP.

Let me clarify the question.

The highest end NAS (3350) can support only 3500 users. Now what happens if I have 10000 users?

One way which is obvious is to split the users to different groups each containing 3500 users and forward each group to one NAS. This is very primitive and bad way of doing it. I want an smarter way. Not sure if CSS or ACE are designed for this purpose, but if that is the only way I will be willing to look at this. I do not want to invent the wheel if someone already has done this and can share his experience.

Thanks,

rdianat

2 Replies 2

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure - we definitely have customers who have done exactly what you've described.

They have used CSS and ACE devices to achieve the scalability higher than this as well.

One of the customers I speak of is part of the Chalk Talk Series below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5707/ps8418/ps6128/prod_presentation0900aecd80549168.html

Lastly, if you contact your Security focused Consulting Systems Engineer, they can share with you a guide on how this has been implemented before with sample configs for the CSS and ACE.

peter

Hi Peter,

Will do. Thanks for providing the link and info.

rdianat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card