Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC OOB Logoff feature workaround ?

Hi,

We have a NAC OOB, Real-Ip Layer2 setup and the new option "Logoff Clean Access Agent users from network on their machine logoff or shutdown" does not apply when using OOB mode (which is annoying). Anybody found a way to make sure that when a users logs off from his PC he's automatically put back to the authentication VLAN ? We thought of maybe put a program in Windows XP logoff script that would disable/enable the NIC card but it seems a bit tricky...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's trying to find a solution for this. Hopefully Cisco will support this feature right from the clean access agent in a future release...

Thanks.

Dominic

7 Replies 7

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

This feature is currently available for IB setups only.The reason is that in OOB, once the user is cleaned and placed on

the trusted side VLAN, the PC does NOT go through the CAS

They are supposed to be making a script that will fix the issue but it isn't expected to come out til like 3Q.

whorner
Level 1
Level 1

Dominic

I have the same issue. Were you able to come up with a work around?

Wayne

Are you folks using SSO?

for now we are waiting for the feature to become available from Cisco in Q2 or Q3 of 2007.

And yes, we are using SSO in a Windows XP - Windows 2003 environment.

Dominic

Did this feature ever get implemented? Or did you come up with a work around? Any information at all will be apreciated.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card