Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC ordering

wkamil123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some question about ordering NAC with some difference of scenarios in ordering guide on cisco.com.

Do I order NAC Lite Manager and one NAC Server for a 2500 endpoints license or I must order NAC Standard Manager for this count of license users?

The difference in price between the NAC Lite and NAC Standard is huge when we talk in failover bundle.

Kamil

5 Replies 5

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Kamil,

Difference between lite and standard CAM is between the number of CASs they can handle. Lite can handle 3 CASs and Standard can manage 20 CASs.

Your account team however would be the perfect venue for your ordering issues to sort out.

HTH,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

Yes, but in ordering guide the NAC lite is supporting 500 or fewer users and Standard is supporting any number of users.

I do not know how to 'bite' it.

Kamil

Kamil,

You're right. They are indeed limited to 500 users on the CAS too. If you intend to use more than that, you can either get three CASs for a total of 1500 users, or get the Standard Manager.

I would still suggest to talk to your account team. They have at times specials going on and might be able to help you with pricing.

HTH,

Faisal

Faisal,

Thank you for your replay.

My account team doesn't have complex knowledge of ordering in this situation.

Kamil

Kamil,

Per the ordering guide you need a standard manager, but I would advise again that before making a large purchase like this one, get it validated by your account team. Your account team should have the resources to verify/answer any questions on this! If you'd like, private message me the contact information you're working with and I can talk with them.

HTH,

Faisal

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card