Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Profiler database utility for upgrade

Kristen Sims
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade NAC Profiler Lite by following the following Cisco Doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/security/nac/profiler/release_notes/310/310rn.html#wp102045

In section Upgrading 2.1.8 Cisco NAC Profiler Server and Profiler Lite Standalone Systems to 3.1.0.

I'm trying to run the database migration utility. Utility is showing in the home/beacon directory. When I run the command specified in the Doc to untar the utility package (tar xvfz DB-utility_218to31x.tgz) I receive the followinig errors:

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format

tar: Child returned status 1

tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Any suggestions?

13 Replies 13

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Kristen,

Can you verify what the md5sum of that file is on your profiler that you're trying to unzip? It should be 335b7ca5215394ccc94c7b48ca242a3b

HTH,

Faisal

md5sum is different.

Kristen,

Re-download the file then, and match it against the MD5 sum that is displayed when you're downloading the file. If they don't match then it won't work.

HTH,

Faisal

I've done that several times. I'm using Winscp and it continues to change the MD5.

Kristen,

Don't know what to tell you, except unless the MD5s are right, it won't unzip/untar right.

Perhaps you can try and host it locally on a web server and do a wget from your profiler. Verify MD5 after you download it, and when you do a wget from the profiler, verify the MD5 again on the profiler.

HTH,

Faisal

Thanks Faisal.

I tried wget and it also changed the MD5 to the same as when I used Winscp.

Kristen,

What is the exact filename you're downloading from CCO? And when you download it, what is the MD5 that is shown on that download page?

Does that MD5 change when you download it to your Windows machine, or only when you put it on your profiler?

Thanks,

Faisal

The file name is DB-utility_219to31x.tgz and the MD5 on the download page is 335b7ca5215394ccc94c7b48ca242a3b.

I'm not sure if it is changing during the download to my workstation or not. I had our IA Security guy look at it and he said there is no way for him to check the MD5 of the file on my workstation. Once I put it on the profiler, the MD5 is

d9093b0525e904f94e19825a57589ac1

Kristen,

Download a MD5 checksum program for Windows. There are lots of free ones out there, but KANA Checksum works fine.

Verify where the MD5 is changing. Is it when you're downloading to your Windows box that it is changing, or is it when you upload to profiler that it changes.

Thanks,

Faisal

Thanks for the program. Hopefully IA won't get on me about downloading it.

It's changing it when I download from Cisco to my workstation.

xx

I just downloaded it using the Download manager instead of the Non Java Download and the MD5 is now correct. Good Grief!

Glad to hear it works now!

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: