Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC v2.0 and Trend OfficeScan 7.0

cammaher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has been able to get NAC v2 working with OfficeScan 7.0.

I have been trying for some time now, but have had no success. I can get NAC working with OfficeScan 7.0 if I use CTA v1, but when I install CTA v2.0 on the client, it does not work.

I have contacted Trend, who gave me a patch that is meant to update OfficeScan 7.0 to be compatiable with CTA v2.0, but it still does not work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Cam

5 Replies 5

cammaher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have been able to fix this problem.

The solution that worked for me was to deploy CTA v1 using the OfficeScan server. Once this was deployed CTAv1 worked fine. After this I installed CTAv2 over the top on the client machine and tested NAC again. It worked! I am now testing again to see if I have to do this on all clients.

I would still be interested to see if anyone else has had this trouble and what actions they took!

Thanks

Hi,

in my case cta v2 worked from the beginning with officescan 7.

do you have the correct .dll and .inf File imported on the Client ? (ProgramFiles - CommonFiles - PostureAgent - Plugins ) (tmabpp.dll 7.0.0.1040, tmabpp.inf)

i dont know if there are differents between those and cta v1.

what does your failed attempts log on ACS say ?

or your CTA Log File ?

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the file versions you mentioned and also all of the logs (CTA on the client as well as the ACS logs), and all looks fine.

I have tried a number of other things, but can still only get CTAv2 working if CTAv1 is installed first from the Trend server and then upgraded to v2.

Weird!

Thanks,

Cam

Trend released OfficeScan 7.3 (now with CTA 2.0!) two days ago. This may have what you're looking for...

Tom S

to understand you correct,

you have to install the trendmicro AV Client with

the included cta 1 ?

and after that install the standalone cta 2 ?

or both standalone and the av client without the included cta ?

many questions :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card