Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC with NON-cisco wireless

rdianat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I know that with WLC 5.1 and NAC 4.5 Cisco started to support OOB, NAC implementation. Now here is my question:

A customer has CISCO environment except for the wireless which is another vendor. What are the options to bring wireless traffic into NAC server? Is OOB deployment possible?

Thanks,

rdianat

4 Replies 4

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

OOB is only supported with Cisco hardware.

HTH,

Faisal

Thanks for your reply Faisal. So what is the best way to connect remote wireless sites to the central NAC.

Remote sites are running non-cisco wireless in autonomous mode. Clients still come to central site for internet access. So is the InBand, L3, bridge mode a correct solution? Any different way we can do it?

So what is the solution for this scenario?

remote site has non-cisco autonomous wireless AP. NAC is centralized. I can not use OOB since there is no support for non-cisco AP in OOB mode. As a result I use InBand mode. This means that local wireless trffic in remote site must travel to central site, go through NAC Server and go back to remote site. Is this correct?

Hi,

Yes, in order for the traffic to be in-band, it will have to traverse the NAC. You might want to look at the NME modules also as an option. They are designed for small offices and remote locations and act as a CAS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card