Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC with "Supported AV/AS Product List 0"

Mike Masalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

on configuring NAC for Posture Assessment, I found out the system currently do not support any AV/AS. Is it normal ?.  I have attached screenshots show I am talking about. Furthermore, I have configured the system for Auto Update, but nothing has changed.

Appreciate your expertise.

Thanks

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Mike,

For some reason your auto-update isn't working. The screen that shows all zeros for the various parameters there should have numbers.

Make sure your CAM can access the internet and traffic towards www.perfigo.com isn't blocked and do a manual update on your CAM.

The current version of checks and updates when I did a moment ago was 96132.

HTH

Faisal

--

If you find this post helpful, please rate so others can find the answer easily

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Mike,

For some reason your auto-update isn't working. The screen that shows all zeros for the various parameters there should have numbers.

Make sure your CAM can access the internet and traffic towards www.perfigo.com isn't blocked and do a manual update on your CAM.

The current version of checks and updates when I did a moment ago was 96132.

HTH

Faisal

--

Thanks Faisal for clarification.

Hi Faisal,

I have verified it, CAM reaches the Internet. I have attached also the log shows it reaches Cisco update server, but there is no update yet. The question is, how can manually get the update and then upload it to CAM.

Thanks

Mike,

Open a SSH session to your CAM, and type this: wget http://www.perfigo.com

Please post the resulting session here.

Thanks,

Faisal

Thanks Faisal, actually I am too far from the CAM and do not have remote access to it. But before leaving the site, I did configured the Web Firewall to all all IP traffic from the CAM to any, and noticed very few hits on the FW access-list, but the Update counters still shows 0s for AV/AS.

From your question I came up with the conclusion that CAM gets the AV/AS from the www.perfigo.com, and not pre-installed, and the web access is only needed for the update. Am I right ?.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, you're correct. CAM needs to talk to www.perfigo.com to get the updates. If any device in the path is blocking that, then the updates would fail.

HTH,

Faisal

--

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card