Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM 4.6 with NAS agent issues

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Faisal and pros,

I have installed and configured NAM HA at HQ and NAS in 3 more locations in OOB VG mode.Everything was fine and running. Last day due to power failure, one of the edge router lost its power then back came up.But both the NAM HA pair and all other branch NAS were not brought down during the power shut down. After that, the clients in few branches are not connected to the NAC so we manually bypass the users by uncontrolled them in PROFILE and change the vlan from auth to access on the same profile page. What is the cause for this issue to be resolved.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Sami

9 Replies 9

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sami,

maybe the routers lost some part of the config ? Like the snmp traps towards CAM ?

Please check that the correct traps are sent to the CAM. Then if the port profiles are configured correctly, you should at least see some action when a client is plugged in ...

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

Nicolas,

The router is just in the transit path as Internet router. How does it affect some of the users in remote branches but in HQ where the NAM located users connected without any issues. Are there any keepalive or timeout in either NAS or NAM?

No sorry. I mixed up your question with something else I was reading. Obviously the NAM is not managing your routers :-)

But in any case, the troubleshooting idea is to understand where it breaks. So you should check if SNMP traps are making it to the Manager, if it's changing the vlans back on the switches, etc...

Nicolas

I expalin it bit more clear to make you understand.

HQ site with HA CAM pair and HA CAS pair configured and there are 6 branches where single CAS installed. The mode being used is OOB VG with SSO single sign-on.Three branches out of 6 using NME-NAC-K9 module 2821 router.
Problem Des:
Last day there was an power outage due to that the connectivity between CAM pair and other branch CAS were lost then after the power come up,the users in 3 branches are not able to connect (Login) to the network through the NAC agent. The connectivity between NAM and NAC module
is up. Also in other branch out of 200 users, some users are able to connect and others are not.
What is the issue to resolve this problem.

In the client laptop we are getting error "the NAC server is not available and contact administrator. There are connectivity between NAM and CAS.

sami

Sami,

Best to open a TAC case to get this resolved. There's too much going on here to tackle easily in a forum posting.

HTH,

Faisal

--

If you find this post helpful, please rate so others can find the answer easily

Thanks faisal.

I have to open the case. I already associated the service contract to my profile and got the confirmation email from Cisco but my profile not yet updated with the new contract number. I do not know why this delay from Cisco. Now I have to open one more case for that to resolve then again after confirming the contarct numer in my profile to open case for this NAC issue.

Thx

sami

Sami,

Call the TAC frontline, and explain this to them. They can verify and open a case for you if it's urgent.

HTH,

Faisal

Faisal,

Thanks for your update.

Please give me the frontline number to call them directly.I am now handling it officially and it seems that it would take long to resolve. I have to call them now since NAC configured with Uncontrolled.

sami

Sami,

Try this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html

HTH,

Faisal

--

If you find this post helpful, please rate so others can find the answer easily

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: