Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT DESIGN small ISSUE

r.kate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have a PIX 515 and i have managed to set up a vpn with win2k over l2tp and ipsec .My Inside network say has the ip range of 10.200.1.x and the addresses given to vpn client are 10.200.25.xx .How can I allow the 10.208.25.xx clients to get access to the internet as if they were sitting in the office and working through the secure tunnel establish .

Thanks

Raj

2 Replies 2

kagodfrey
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

AFAIK the pix only has a rudimentary routing capablitity, and does not allow the routing of a packet out of the same interface that it came in on. For this reason, you would also be unable to, say, contact the network on the other side of a pix-pix vpn tunnel when you vpn into one of those two pixes.

You could get around this if you have a proxy server on your internal network you can point your remote browsers at.

mklaphek
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think that this is quite what you're asking, but another option is to use a split-tunnel for this connection. This would allow you to have users connect to the inside and still surf the Internet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: