cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nat inside source static AND/OR inside source overload?

On an 837 IOS 12.4 I want to nat the inside source depending on the destination.

Destination 1

Internet with normal PAT overload (also with static ports for incoming smtp and web)

So far so good.

Destination 2

IPsec tunnel. Devices on the remote end of the IPsec tunnel need to also initiate connections in to the local devices.

I can get Destination 2 working with a nat inside source route-map and nat pool but of course as it's a dynamic translation the remote tunnel devices can't initiate connections in. So I need a static nat for Destination 2?

A network static for tunnelled traffic does the trick in both directions nicely. But it NATs the inside sources for ALL destinations... not so nice.

I think I need a feature like a network static but with route-map selection for fine-grained control. Does such a feature exist?

I can't see a solution for this. Can someone prove me wrong please?!

TIA

3 Replies 3

atif.awan
Level 3
Level 3

Actually such a feature does exist and there is a solution for this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080087bac.html

I have actually done something quite similar for one of my clients. It did require some tweaks but worked out quite well.

Yes, I had already seen this feature; it is for individual static translations. The problem is I need to translate a subnet so would need this as a NETWORK static. The document specifically states...

"Network static support is not included in this feature."

Thankyou for your response.

I had overlooked the network static requirement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: