Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAT on multi interface router with IOS Firewall

I Need to know the following

I have a cisco 7206 with 3 serial interfaces and 1 FastEthernet ports active.

Only 1 of the serial ports is being Firewalled.

1. is it possible to set up NAT on that Serial port that is firewalled. With out affecting the other ports.

2 if so I know how to issues the nat commands but how to avoid affecting the other 2 serial ports.

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: NAT on multi interface router with IOS Firewall

Hello logan-7,

Yes this is possible. Part of the configuration is defining "nat inside" and "nat outside" statements. If you don't configure "nat outside" on the two other serial interfaces, traffic exiting that interface won't nat.

Configuring Network Address Translation

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipr_c/ipcprt1/1cfipadr.htm#wp1042290

Hope this helps! If so, please rate.

Thanks

it does help some. Here is the issue, I have a 7206 w/firewall feature set, 3 serial ports and 1 Fastethernet port. like I said before 1 serial port is firewalled I need to nat all traffice from the rest of the port thourgh the 1 serial port that is firewalled.

Now is this possible?

thanks

here is an picture of what I am talking about

Cisco Employee

I don't understand your question. You first asked "1. is it possible to set up NAT on that Serial port that is firewalled. With out affecting the other ports."

Now it seems you want to NAT the 3 "inside" interfaces when going out the firewalled "outside" interface. Is this correct?

You can accomplish both of these.

that is correct. Actually what I meant to ask was the latter of my questions. on router with a interface to the outside world, 3 other interfaces to the inside network. I have to NAT all inside interfaces to the one interface the is going to the out side world.

This is what I should have asked to begin with.

thanks for your patiences

Hi .. yes this is possible .. just define the 3 not firewalled ports as ip nat inside and the one firewalled as ip nat outside .. then define the interesting traffic that is to be NATed using an access-list accordingly.

I hope it helps .. please rate if it does !!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content