Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT problem on PIX

atou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with NAT on a PIX. We want to set up something new for doing this we need to do source and destination translation.

The outside interface is connected to the internet and everyone (0.0.0.0/0) needs to access for example 192.168.15.10 (changed it to a private ip).

The source-ip needs to be translated to the IP of the inside interface (192.168.200.1)

the destination IP (192.168.15.10) needs to be translated to 192.168.200.10.

Is there a way to do it with PIX 7?

Kind regards,

Anthony

2 Replies 2

Hi Anthony

I think you should be able to do this with combination of NAT and alias commands. NAT can be used for the source IP translation and alias for the destination address translation.

Another option would be, create the source NAT translation on the PIX and configure destination nat on the router which connects to the Internet.

Thanks

Ganesh

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the help.

I tried with the alias and it works but there is a problem. When I implement the alias the asdm doesn't work anymore. Got an error saying that I should remove the alias and use "ouside-nat" or "bi-directional-nat". Could you help me out with this?

thanks,

Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card