Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAT strategy required

Good day,

Customer with PIX 501 and the requirement is allow 5 workstations to access the whole inside network from the outside. Currently, the 5 workstations can control/access several devices on the inside network through one-to-one translations via 'static' command. Because of the large number of devices that the engineers need to access on the inside network, it is a nightmare to configure the PIX to have one-to-one 'static' translation.

I was able to achived this on the router through standard NAT because the interfaces have no security level and you do not use 'static' command to allow lower security to access higher security interfaces but with the PIX I don't know how to achive this. Unfortunately, the customer insisted to use PIX instead of a router.

I already search the Cisco website and I couldn't find anything that is related to above requirement.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

Re: NAT strategy required

Go to this web site. Follow instructions exactly. Make sure you're using the latest VPN client 3.5x. If you do not have it call Cisco TAC.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/pix3000.html

Views
Helpful
Replies