Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

NAT to NAT and VPN

I have a client that has 20 people behind a firewall at their location using 1 natted address to the Inet. They want to authenticate to their network in my Data Center which has a PIX 515 VPN . They are using the VPN3000 Client which defaults to UDP pt. 500. I want to know how to configure the PIX to have it do transparent tunneling over explicit ports on IOS 6.2 which means I would have to use TCP. My eyes are glazing over from reading docs after docs and still having no clue, please help.

Chris

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: NAT to NAT and VPN

I am not sue if I understand your question properly... Let me see if I can rephrase your question ...You have some VPN clients behind some firewall which are terminating the IPSec tunnel on a pix firewall running 6.2 code.. And you are trying to do IPSec over TCP type transparent tunneling . Is that true?

If this is the case, then your pix firewall cannot terminate IPSEC over TCP connections. The VPN 3000 & VPN 5000 concentrators have this capabilities

Hope that answers it

Jazib

Re: NAT to NAT and VPN

Thank you for the response. That is exactly what I was trying to figure out.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies