Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT translating multiple outside addresses to one inside address

joy.wang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm putting a new PIX as the outside firewall of our DMZ, there is an ISA server between the new PIX and the internal network.

There are two web servers inside the ISA and both have their IP addresses translated to the outside interface of the ISA firewall for port 80.

Now I need to put a NAT on the PIX to translate two public ip addresses to the ip address of the ISA firewall outside interface for Internet users to use both web servers.

But it seems to me that PIX doesn't do it. Could any one tell me how this can be done?

Here is the diagram of my network:

Internal-192.168.0.X(ISA)10.0.0.1----10.0.0.2(PIX)123.2.3.1----123.2.3.4(router)

Two web servers are on the Internal network, both translated to 10.0.0.1/80. The ISA server identifies the different web server by URL.

Thanks,

Joy

1 Reply 1

yusuff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Joy,

As you mentioned, the PIX will not allow to NAT 2 external (outside) address to NAT to one inside address.

The only workaround i can think of is to have a secondary IP address on your ISA server and NAT 2 outside address to 2 inside address, and since both inside address are configured on your ISA PC, it will arp for it.

HTH

R/Yusuf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: