Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT Traversal of PIX501

e.l
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Question regarding PIX501 NAT Traversal. The following is the network diagram.

VPN3000-----Internet----ISDN Network-------NAT router-----PIX501

- VPN Tunneling between VPN3000 and PIX501 . PIX501 configured as hardware client.

- NAT router doing PAT for PIX501 Outside interface`s network. PAT address is the public IP address assigned from ISDN Provider.

I am aware that the PIX501 is able to create a VPN tunnel if the NAT router (Cisco 827) is configured using "IPSec passthrough". Already tested and it worked.

My question is , are there another ways other than "IPSec passthrough" for PIX501 NAT traversal solution ?

Appreciate for any reply

Best Regards,

Engel

3 Replies 3

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is no configuration on the router or pix for nat transparency or tcp transparency as a client.

Regards,

Hi Dadios,

Thanks for your reply. As you pointing at, I am thinking of the following solutions for NAT traversal of PIX501:

1. IPSec Passthrough (tested)

2. IPSec over UDP ( not implemented, according to your post)

3. IPSec over TCP ( not implemented, according to your post).

Regarding number 2 and 3, do you have information that the two solutions above are in the roadmap of PIX development ?

Appreciate for any info.

Best Regards,

Engel

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For information on question 2 and 3, it would be best to contact your account manager or sales.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: