Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

NATing based on Destination address

Was wondering if anyone out there has run into the same problem I have. I have a PIX firewall that I want to use to connect to the Internet as well as connect via VPN to our ASP. The problem is I am using private addressing in my network so I have to NAT out to the Internet. But now my ASP needs me to perform NAT on the PIX to a different private address so I can connect to them. That wouldn't be a problem, but when I do that I can't get to the Internet b/c I now am NATing to a private address which isn't routable on the Internet. So my question is, is there a way to NAT based on the destination address of a packet? Meaning, when I want to talk to my ASP trigger the VPN and use the Private NAT, but when I want to go anywhere else NAT with the global address that I got from my ISP.

Any help is much appreciated.

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: NATing based on Destination address

The only way you can NAT based on destination is to use an additional PIX interface. Once you have that you can setup a NAT pool when destined for this additional interface and an Internet NAT pool for the outside interface.

You may be able to accomplish this by using policy based routing. I have used this method to prevent static NAT from occuring when the host is talking to a VPN client. I create a route map that points to an access list to define the source and destination and set the next hop to the same network as a loopback interface. This allows the traffic to pass without NAT even though I have a static translation defined. This may not directly answer your question, but the concepts may help you accomplish your task.

2d-ruttino.....Could you send me an example config for this.??

I have a similar requirement. I need to receive an IP packet, strip and replace DA and SA based on source address.

Many thanks

reply email address: graycusa@yahoo.com

Would your ASP agree if you wouldn't use NAT for traffic between your network and the ASP? This way you can use the NAT 0 command for traffic between your network and the ASP network while all other traffic will be NATed.

Views
Helpful
Replies