cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a little more understanding

bstroh
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to all the VPN issues and have been doing enough research to the end of confussion. I need to set up a VPN for my company, what I am hoping someone can help me with is final decision. Right now we have an ISDN which would point me to the Cisco Series 800 routers however It is my sincere hope that we will be moving to a Fractional T-1 or Full T-1 in the not to distant future. If we do have will I need to get a differnt router or can the 800 series be upgraded to work using the T's? Also (you will know by this part how much I do not know) What is BRI ST and BRI U. I know what a BRI is what I dont know is what it the ST and U and how do I know which I need?

Thanks

B

2 Replies 2

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

You’re going to need a more powerful router for VPN on a T1. Look at a 2600 or maybe a 1700.

S/T & U are Interface port adapters. If you have an external NT1 (provided by your SP) S/T. If internal, U.

I have chosen to install the 1720 - Now I am being told that with only a duel channel ISDN I will run into alot of bottle necking problems. The connection will be slow and if anyone is connecting through the VPN then the internal clients may very well not be able to connect to the internet at all due to lack of available bandwidth. Your thoughts on this would be? I hate to get this all set up and then have it virtually useless.

Thank you for your reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: