Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Need Education in VPN

Hi Everyone,

Using 2 PIX 501 firewalls, I recently attempted to make a site to site VPN connection between 2 sites. Site 1 is new and only had the site-to-site config and site 2 had an exisiting connection as an Easy VPN hardware client to Site 3 Easy VPN server.

On site 1, the config went in ok. On site 2, I got an error, 'could not make SA because of an existing Easy VPN connection'.

I went back and tried to configure site 1 as a Easy VPN server and site 2 as a client. As soon as I entered the IP of the EZ VPN server in the vpnclient command, the 501 locked up and knocked me out of my telnet session...[reload?] to get it back up.

Why is this happeneing? I read that the 501 client can be a client and server to 10 connections respectively. What gives?

It seems that anything I do from the book doesn't work. I read nothing that said anything about not making a IKE/IPsec connection while there is an Easy VPN client connection.

What do I have to do to get a proper education on this topic? Nothing has prepared me for the real life stuff (Cisco Press), except for failures. For all my reading and preperation, I have learned nothing.

What is the rule for making VPN connections between sites? Can there be an exisiting Easy VPN connection when adding connection to a site to site VPN?

Can a PIX 501 have connections to 2 different EZ VPN server??

How do you guys run a site to site?

Signed,

Completely Frustrated.

1 REPLY

Re: Need Education in VPN

Hi,

Dont use EzVPN for site to site connection.

Look at this document :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00800a2cce.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content