Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help: Concurrent 1750 and VPN Client termination to PIX 515

mksmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All:

I have looked through all of the documents I can find on the topic and I can't find anything that matches. Also, most of the other configurations that didn't exactly match broke the whole thing in a fairly impressive manner.

I have multiple sites running 1750 routers with 12.2(11)T2, many VPN Client users calling in from all over the country, all terminating into a PIX 515 running 6.2(2)

The clients work flawlessly, authenticating off a Tacacs server. With the 1750's, I want them to connect for interesting traffic without authenticating against the Tacacs server. I have tried as many configs as I can think of, but none work.

If anyone has a template or hints, I would be extremely grateful. I can certainly provide the configs I have if that will help.

Mike

2 Replies 2

jfrahim
Level 5
Level 5

Mike,

Make sure, for the lan-lan tunnels preshared keys, add no-xauth to disable authentication to the tacacs server

Here is a sample config that you might find interesting. This is for lan-lan tunnel between 2 pixes, but it shows you how to disable x-auth for the lan-lan tunnels

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/110/pixpixvpn.html

Jazib

Thanks Jazib:

I was able to find a configuration that worked (finally). The problem turned out to be the ACL's on the PIX side.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: