Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help getting PDM working

jkrawczyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

ALthough I'd rather use the command line to configure the PIX devices, I thought I'd play around with my tesy 501 and use the PDM to add statements via the GUI and see the actual output within the running config.

I'm having a problem in that I cannot get PDM to run. My inside IP is 192.168.1.1, I have ssh enabled for this inside subnet, I have my domain set and hostname set, I have http access enabled.

From either IE 6 or Firefox, when I type https://192.168.1.1 and hit enter, I accept the certificate, login with password only, I am presented with two windows one ontop of each other, I am presented with a warning notice that the name of this site does not match the name on the certificate, I click run, I then log in aagain with password only, I read at the bottom status bar applet starting, applet loading, then I read exception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied

The focus window just remains there with the hour glass churning reading "loading PIX Device Manager. Please Wait....

My deskop is running Windows XP Pro

My Web browser is IE 6 SP2

my JRE is 1.3

Any thoughts please?

Regards

Jeff

3 Replies 3

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

JRE 1.3 is pretty old (current is ~1.5). I'd start with trying an update (java.sun.com).

What version of IOS & PDM are you using?

For the PIX 501, 6.3(4) is current, I believe, and PDM 3.01 is required (the version of PDM is dependent on the version of IOS).

Good Luck

Scott

mathisjames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Was wondering if you ever got the PDM to work? I am having the exact same problem with my PDM as you are and can't seem to figure it out.

My JRE is 1.5

Pix Ver 6.3(4)

PDM Ver 3.0(2)

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Yes, I got this working. I updated my java but I also downloaded PDM 3.0(4) to the pix and that did the trick.

Regards

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: