cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEED HELP--SCARED NERVOUS WRECK

jvansteinberg
Level 1
Level 1

I access my contract work via a Cisco Systems VPN and I have a stalker, if that word applies here, who has access to the same VPN from the other end. He is getting into my computer from the other end and disrupting my work by causing my cable to randomly disconnect for a split-second at a time, destroying everything I have downloaded and who knows what else he's up to, but the point is I think he's trying to get the end client so furious at me for not getting their work done on time that I wind up unemployed and broke. Right now I'm entirely dependent on this contract to support my family. IS THERE ANY PROGRAM I CAN USE TO STOP THIS, OR AT LEAST FLASH ME AN ALERT SO I CAN CAPTURE THIS GUY'S IP ADDRESS AND CATCH HIM IN THE ACT??? I'm know why he's doing this, but I have reason to believe the name I know him by is false. I am even too scared to tell you the name of his company, to be honest. I already have a good lawyer, but I've got to stop this NOW or we'll lose everything, me, my disabled husband, and our three kids. THIS IS NO JOKE.

12 Replies 12

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please refer to this url for assistance with security related issues: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/sec_incident_response.shtml

Thank you for posting.

cbroomes
Level 1
Level 1

Network Ice Inc. has a nice cheaply priced piece of software called BlackIce that can tell you when you're being accessed and by whom. You can then block the intruder permanently. Hope this helps

nohare
Level 1
Level 1

Calm Down !!!!!

As well as BlackIce, there is another Personal Firewall called "Tiny Personal Firewall". This freeware program protects your internet/network connection prompting you rules/permits/denies as when required. You can view the real-time monitor for your active TCP/UDP connections. It causes no problems for me !!!!

almazana
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have any protection what so ever? I would advise that you look into picking up a generic dsl/cable modem router and refuse to forward any ports internal. Next, if possible; build a BSD, or Linux IP filtering NAT/FW device. You can combine all of this with any personal firewall suite you like,(Zone alarm is free for personal use, and morpheus unearths a few Norton Internet Security downloads). On your *nix box you can run tools like snort, ethereal, or even just vanilla tcpdump to view who is talking on your various subnets.

All of the information is free and for your parusal on the WWW!

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

I think a personal firewall might do the trick. For desktop firewalls I like Black Ice From ISS.

http://www.networkice.com/products/blackice_defender.html

bfairchild
Level 1
Level 1

Why don't you have the employer/company set up an access-list that only allows certain host on their end to utilize the VPN connection? If the "stalker" is not using a machine that explicitly allowed to use the connection he will not be able to acccess the connection. Are you connecting to their entire network or just certain servers? I doubt a firewall will help you here since you are using VPN and it will appear as a LAN connection to the firewall once you allow the VPN connection. I would definitely notify the company of your concerns, if this is really happening then he could be doing this to other individuals and it is definitely costing the company alot of money. They should also have a means of logging/monitoring the VPN traffic to isolate the culprit.

c.yingling
Level 1
Level 1

Go to this site

http://www.nfr.net

You can download backoffice friendly for free.

It will track any IP address trying access you via telnet,ftp,http, smtp,pop3. It keeps a log of the IP address and how the intruder is getting access

c.yingling
Level 1
Level 1

When you go to the site click on products and at the top you will see backoffice friendly.

I think your wrong craig. you need to do more research.

Do not listen to this guy.

He gets hacked all of the time.

that's funny. Actually. I have no problems making cross-over cables either

Do not make fun of me. I have 10 kids to feed.