Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need the correct syntax for port mapping...

Hello,

I have read the doc on port mapping and followed other threads regarding this issue and am still unsuccessful. We are runnning a PIX515e w/failover.

I am testing software called remotelyanywhere. The software wants to use port 2000. They suggest I use a random port (say 5200) and map this port to the internal server (10.0.0.39 at port 2000.

Can anyone supply me with the correct syntax to get through the firewall? Any help or detail is greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Gary

6 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Need the correct syntax for port mapping...

static (inside,outside) tcp 5200 10.0.0.39 2000 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

and don't forget to configure access list. hope this helps

Also dont forget the clear xlate command!

Marc

One last "don't forget" is to disable the skinny fixup on your PIX. By default, the PIX assumes all TCP port 2000 packets are skinny packets. As this aaplication appears to be using this port, you will want to disable this fixup to keep the PIX from mucking with the packet. Hope this helps.

Scott

You guys are all great, thank you! I will do as you suggest and get back to you.

That fixed the problem!! Thank you very much, you guys do a great service for your company.

Gary

THANK YOU!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content