Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need to drop pix515 ver 6.1 config onto pix 525 ver 6.22. How to

I have a 515 w/ failover units that I need to copy the configs from and put onto a 525 w/ failover unit. The 515 are running ver 6.1 ios and the 525 are running 6.22 ios. I copies and pasted from a text file, the 515 config and pasted to the 525 but almost nothing executed correctly. Not one of the access lists went , hardly any of the hosts made and the nat/pat table was not complete either.

What would be the best way to get the config from one and load it into the other?

Thanks all.

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Re: Need to drop pix515 ver 6.1 config onto pix 525 ver 6.22. Ho

This should be straight forward.

Did you remember to enter "config t" on the new PIX 525 that you were pasting to?

Where you by chance pasting over a console connection? Sometimes a PC can send the data to quickly to the PIX box. If this is the case, try added an inter-line delay of 200ms or so (assuming your using HyperTerminal). Alternatively, only paste 5 lines or so at a time so you can see what is happening.

Does the new 525 have similar licensing to the older 515? E,g. Both licensed for 3DES and failover? "show ver" tells you what the licence features are.

Do the 515 and 525 have the same number of interfaces? Perhaps the access list applied to the 515 was to an interface that the 525 does not have.

Views
Helpful
Replies