Views
Helpful
Replies

Network neighborhood browsing thru vpn

sayeed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have nearly the same problem, what my friend has a couple of threads b4.

At my customer's place I am using pix 501 witha small microsoft network with client server architecture having wins and dns installed. Checked vpn using pptp server without using pix everything works, even network neighborhood works.

But after adding pix 501, I had configured vpdn group on pix to have vpn, and gave my clients connecting using vpn client from microsoft ip address of local pool, and did nat 0, everything works, they can access all resources on the network, I can acess there laptops and even see there shares using ip from my local pool used in pix, but they cannot see the server using network neighborhood.

Pls help this is very important for us, otherwise no payment.

Here is configuration with false ips.

name 192.168.2.2 sbs2k

access-list nonat permit ip 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0

ip local pool bigpool 192.168.5.1-192.168.5.250

global (outside) 1 interface

nat (inside) 0 access-list nonat

vpdn group 1 accept dialin pptp

vpdn group 1 ppp authentication mschap

vpdn group 1 ppp encryption mppe auto required

vpdn group 1 client configuration address local bigpool

vpdn group 1 client configuration dns sbs2k

vpdn group 1 client configuration wins sbs2k

vpdn group 1 client authentication aaa topix

vpdn group 1 pptp echo 60

vpdn username vpn password ********

vpdn enable outside

Thanks in advance,

Sayeed

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Config looks OK, assuming the WINS servers are being passed down correctly. You could try adding this WINS server address into the lmhosts file on the individual PC's and see if that makes a difference. Do you have the "sysopt connection permit-pptp" command in the PIX, make sure you do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: