cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Goner.A worm signatures

suzanne.nichol
Level 1
Level 1

I have updated two of our sensors with the goner.a custom signatures, but now the custom filters on these sensors have disappeared.

I have to regress the sensors to a previous IDS configuration to get the filters back, but that configuration hasn't got the Goner.A signatures. Typical!

Have I done something wrong?

1 Reply 1

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you have found a bug in the interoperability of the Unix Director with SigWizMenu.

We just found out about it this afternoon, and we haven't had a chance to notify everyone about it yet.

If you are creating filters with the Unix Director and then run SigWizMenu, the filters will be removed.

Workaround:

To prevent this from happening, do not use SigWizMenu. Instead nrConfigure on the Unix Director should be used to create the Custom Signatures. nrConfigure has all the functionality available in the SigWizMenu program so you should use nrConfigure instead of SigWizMenu to keep from seeing this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: