cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New IDS MC connection

0c-pacheco-low
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured the new 4235 and am trying to access it via web browser, but get "Page cannot be displayed" error. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I had the same problem on my IDS4235. Make sure the netmask last last octet matches the PC that you want to access the IDS.

ie 192.x.x.101 255.255.255.101

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

If you mean you are tryong to get to IDM, the on-board management software then if you have console only access please make sure that the IP address that you are coming in on is listed as an allowed host. Also make sure you type https://xxx.xx.xxx.xx to get to the IDS..note the s

Please remember to rate any post that helps you out.

Those items are all in place.

jbrogan
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this exact problem after having to flatten the IDS and start all over due to a disk failure. Anyway...how do you add "allowed hosts" from the CLI since you cannot get to the IDS Device Manager over the network?

Thanks,

Jim

Telnet/ssh into the box.

Type "setup" to see the settings. Interactive prompts allow you to add/delete permitted hosts and networks. This has worked fine for me.

A more sophisticated way is to to go:

conf t

service host

networkparams

accesslist ip

10.10.10.0 netmask 255.255.255.0

I am directly connected to the sensor via keyboard and monitor.

I had the same problem on my IDS4235. Make sure the netmask last last octet matches the PC that you want to access the IDS.

ie 192.x.x.101 255.255.255.101