Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Network Setup VPN IPSec/L2L established but not routeable.

I have setup a new network with NAT (first time getting into this) and workes fine. I introduced a 3015 VPN Conc. I am able to establish a connection to another office but unable to connect to it from the local net. ex local net 10.163.0.x remote 10.100.30.x conc to conc can see each other. I have allowed traffic on the pix for that net. not sure where to go from here.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: New Network Setup VPN IPSec/L2L established but not routeabl

There could me many reasons for this to not to work, more so when NAT, PIX and IPSec are involved and it will be difficult to tell without looking at the network and the configs of the boxes.

But there are many obvious things to double check.

NAT. Make sure this is configured right. Also where is NAT happenning is also important. If NAT is along the path of the tunnel, then NAT transparancy will have to supported at both ends of the tunnel and necessary ports (UDP 4500) needs to be opened at the firewall.

PIX. Make sure routing is correctly done and PIX knows how to route the packets to the correct networks. "nat", "global", "static" and "access-lists" are important to rightly allow packets to pass through PIX.

IPSec. I guess you are ok here as you were able to build the tunnel.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content