cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New pix501 setup

rickyt00
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a vpn to my office network. Right we have a T1 line that is our main connection to the internet. We connect to a website that requires us connecting through a T1 line that is a vpn to the website. They also give us full internet through this T1. We also have a dsl connection. What I am trying to do is put the pix behind the dsl box so people can connect to the pix and create a vpn connection to remote desktop into their machines or connect to the website that is provided by the T1 line. What the problem is, that for the website to work it needs to come from the T1 line, not the dsl connection. So I created a static route in the pix that says anything going to the class C ip of the website to route to the T1 line, but it is not working. How everything is connected is the dsl hooks directly into the pix, and the pix has also hooks into a cisco 2950 which the 2950 plugs into the T1. I can ping the T1 from inside the pix, but if I try to connect to the website that is coonected off of the T1 line it doesn't work. If I change my default gateway on a machine that is hooked into the pix to the T1, it works because the data goes out the T1 line and not the dsl. What am I missing that the traffic is not routed to the T1 for a specific ip range.

2 Replies 2

kaachary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Seems like you are missing a static route on the 2950 for vpn clients pool n/w pointing it to PIX inside interface.

*Please rate if helped.

-Kanishka

I guess what I am looking for is to have a default route for people connecting to the vpn, when they try to go to a specific web page, that it redirects them to our T1 line instead of out the dsl connection. I tried adding a static route, but it didn't help.