cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New VPN configuration routing issues

cerp
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to vpn configuration and have set up a small vpn test network. I have a small "corporate" netork that my PC's can log into with no problems and then I have an internal protected network that I vpn into to access sensitive data. My VPN connects without a problem but I cannot route/connect to anything on the backside of the VPN router. I have used the sample configs provided in the Cisco documents relating to VPN Client to Cisco Router connections. I am using VPN client 4.7, aaa local authentication, and pre-shared keys. My client will grab an address from the VPN router no problem. I have attachted a diagram of my network and my router configs.

4 Replies 4

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

just a quick comment.

the vpn client pool should not be overlapped with the private net or any net connected.

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Can you change the default route to the public side instead of pvt side. You can add Specfic routes to the Pvt segment if needed

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.40.1

I rebuilt the network using the 10.0.0.0 space for my network and using 192.168.0.0 space for the VPN pools and it works like a charm.

Thanks all

it's good to learn that your issue has been resolved.

according to cisco:

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.