cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New webserver setup - advice please

gheatley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX 515 with 2 Interfaces and a 3600 router with 4 Interfaces.

The PIX is our gateway from the router and hence the outside world to our internal switch and hence the whole internal network.

I want to use one of the 3600 interfaces for a new public web server.It needs to communicate with a db server inside our firewall for 2 obscure portsWhat is the best way to do this without compromising my network security? I want to make sure that only the public server can communicate with the internal network.I have an internal web server if web server to web server is any more secure.All servers are running NT4SP6a and web server is Apache

2 Replies 2

dave7707
Level 1
Level 1

The best thing you can do is to add an additional NIC to the PIX 515, create a DMZ and put the web server in the DMZ.

Thanks for the option, but is there any way without spending out on new hardware? The 3600 and mods is new and the boss is still reeling from that one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: