cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newb VPN Setup

ArthurHawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Ookay, hopefully somebody can take a few minutes to help me out here.

I have three sites that all have Pix501 running version 6.3 that I need to connect to each other using VPN Tunnels. Site 1 is my main office where my server is located and both Site 2 and 3 need access.

For logging purposes I do not want to use NAT, but pass the actual host IP's when transmitting back and forth across the tunnels.

I tried working off the instructions for a fully-meshed set up, but I can't get the tunnels to come up.

I am using cable modems (same at all three sites) for connectivity.

Anybody know of a link or site specific to how to's for newbie's?

I also have 3 1751 routers. 1 at each location that are currently controlling Point-to-Point partial T-1's that if I can come up with a quick fix can be used to solved the problem. I am actually replacing these T-1 connections with VPN tunnels to save costs.

They are running IOS version 12.2(13)T3.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

kaachary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please go through the following doc :

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00800a2cce.shtml

*Please rate if it helped.

-Kanishka

Okay, I looked through the documentation for the fully-meshed configuration, the only snag that I am running in to with it so far is that it still does NAT for public.

This is the setup that I need..

. . . . . . . . . .INTERNET

. . . . . . . . . . . ^

. . . . . . . . . . . |

. . . . . . . . . CISCO 1751

. . . . . . . . . . . ^

. . . . . . . . . . . |

. . . .INTERNET <---PIX501--->INTERNET

. . . . . ^ . . .(MAIN OFFICE). .^

. . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . .|

. . . . PIX501. . . . . . . . .PIX501

. . . .(BRANCH1). . . . . . . (BRANCH2)

Kinda hard to draw it out here, but I think everyone can get what I am trying to do out of that diagram.

The 1751 router handles my main internet feed plus connectivity to a data processor. Each of the PIX501 boxes are connected to Cable Internet.

There is a 1751 at each of the branches connected to point-to-point partial t-1's right now, but we are trying to replace that solution with the PIX boxes and the cable internet to cut costs..

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Could you explain "it still does NAT for public."?

Because of the connectivity requirements of my data processor, connections from the branch offices have to go through with their machine ip's.

So going out through the 1751 I need to make sure that branch2.x.x.x ip is still listed as the source ip and not a single NAT ip.