Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie setting up a VPN connection with a PIX 506E

ynotlearn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a PIX 506E using PDM ver. 2.1 and PIX ver. 6.2 and I am having a difficult time setting up a VPN connection from my home. I went into the PDM using IE and went to the VPN tab. I then went to remote access, CISCO VPN Client and created a group name and password. The rest of the fields I have experiemented with, but with no avail. I downloaded the 3.6.3 and the 3.6.1 clients because I have Win2K. When I try to connect from home it seems to be authenticating the connection but it gets stuck on "Securing Connection" for a very long time. I let it run for about 30 minutes and I still am unable to get a connection. Please tell me what I am doing wrong, or if you have any suggestions. I have been reading the online documentation, but my head is spinning. On this site it recommends that I use a 2.5 or 3.0 client for PIX software 6.0 or above. I have been unable to find that software release for download on this site. I have configured a Sonicwall VPN/VPN Client connection with the greatest of ease and I don't understand what I am doing wrong with this PIX firewall.

1 Reply 1

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

I am used to configuring the PIX the old fashioned way, ie using the CLI. The configurations for doing precisely what you are trying is available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009442e.shtml. That should help you with the configuration part.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: