Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

newbie with a cisco 2651XM

1) where can I download the config guide for this specific device? I found a couple of cisco docs using google but they were generic and not specific to this router. I also logged in to cisco support but the site said I didn't have authorisation for this file. (does anyone know the 'filename'.pdf ?)

2) I've managed (once) to log into the 2651 and got the home page where I saw a link that said:

'QoS Device Manager - Configure and monitor QoS through the web interface', so I click on QoS Device Manager but I then get 'The page cannot be displayed'. I've tried logging in and out a few times and switching the unit off and on etc but I can't get the web interface. Would the wrong username and password cause this error? I've been using Cisco and cisco.

3) I then used the cli to reset the unit back to factory defaults and I set up both FastEthernet0/0 and 0/1 port with an IP addresses on the same subnet as my existing one, but the computer can't now see the 2651 wheh I ping these addresses.

Without a manual I'm fumbling around in the dark a bit so thanks if anyone can shed some light.

2 REPLIES

Re: newbie with a cisco 2651XM

1. Login via console and give the command "erase startup-config"

It will ask for confirmation >> press Enter

Then reload the router with command "reload"

2. After reload it will ask for "Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog [Yes/No]"

Type Yes... and you will be asked for basic Management setup .. again YES..

then follow the prompts for configuration.

Then Save the configuration in NVRAM and exit

Please note down your requirements first:

IP address/ subnet mask for interfaces,default route (GW), etc.

Re: newbie with a cisco 2651XM

thanks for your response dhan. I followed your instructions to completion and rebooted the router but my PC still cannot see the 2651 device on the network. I must be doing something wrong. My PC's nic is set at 192.168.1.68/255.255.255.0 and I configured the 2651 port to be FastEthernet0/1 at 192.168.1.72/255.255.255.0 and when I first start the 2651 the lights either side of the RJ45 port are green for about 3 mins and then they go off. Am I supposed to use some kind of special cable? I have a patch cable connecting the 2651 to my network hub, my PC can see all the devices on the network but not the 2651. Do you think this router could be faulty?

Views
Helpful
Replies