Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

no access via PDM from DMZ interface possible

Hello!

When I try to access a PIX515 (6.22) from the DMZ interface ethernet2 using the PDM (2.1) it doesn't work and the browser window timed out.

Procedure:

I start with my IE6 and the URL HTTPS://<IP-address-eth2>; the second window (with Java) opens and I can see below in the window the initialization procedure is running, but then the PDM doesn't open. The second java-window remains with the message: "Loading PIX device Manager. Please wait" and the egg timer remains running .

I added correctly the host who wants to access the PIX via eth2 by the PDM from the inside interface and the PIX added these lines:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http <host IP-address SN-mask> <interfacename>

pdm location <host IP-address SN-mask> <interfacename>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the inside interface the access is possible without any problem.

With Telnet the access is also possible from the eth2 interface. It would be graet if you have an idea.

Yours sincerely

Dirk Thelen, Germany

3 REPLIES

Re: no access via PDM from DMZ interface possible

I ran into a similar problem when using my notebook and attaching to the LANs on different interfaces of the PIX. Would work fine on the inside interface, but had results identical to yours when I moved to the LAN on the DMZ. The fix was pretty simple though, just cleared out all the temp files and temporary internet files (I cleared the cookies too) and attached without problems. Had the same problem when I moved back to the inside interface, and the same fix to take care of it.

Bob

Can you show all lines of config that starts with http and pdm. Also interface names.

Is your DMZ interface name eth2?

Hello Bob.

That was it! Thank you very much for that information.

Best greatings from Germany

Dirk Thelen

Views
Helpful
Replies