cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No caller ID in ACS Passed Authentication logs

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I am running ACS 3.3(4) and a VPN Concentrator 3000. The VPN accepts IPSec or SSL vpn connections. The vpn also authenticates users via RADIUS on the ACS server.

Usually when someone authenticates on the vpn or anywhere else for that matter, the source IP address (caller-ID) is recorded in the Passed Authentications log. I have noticed that when users use the SSL VPN, that caller-ID or source IP is not recorded. Does anyone know why this is & how I can fix it? I really like having the source IP in those passed authentication logs, that way I know where they are establishing their sessions from.

2 Replies 2

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

If appropriate levels of AAA logging are enabled on the RAS/NAS devices and/or ACS server then the use of Downloadable IP ACL names as user names may be clearly identified. AAA log entries for the RAS/NAS device as well as "passed authentication" log entries on the ACS server would indicate that a user with a username based on a Downloadable IP ACL requested and was granted network access.

cosmofonit
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone find solution for this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: