Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

no traffic passing through VPN between R 877 and remote Cisco VPN client

Hi there, I need help trying to solve this problem up. I have no more ideas...

I have a vpn established between my router 877 and an XP in a remote network behind nat router, and running cisco vpn client software (v4.7.00.0533). Once vpn is established, I am not able to even ping from remote client any host inside my lan.

Lan: 192.168.100.0/24 vlan1 interface

Virtual Ip for remote user: 192.168.110.0-10

Pinging from remote host to local host:

If I sniff in local host, none packets are received.

If I sniff in remote host, UDPencap packets from its private Ip to my public IP are sent through real interface, so I beleive remote side configuration is well done. These udpencap packets should be nated and routed by remote router (common adsl router with no outbound restrictions) and processed by my local-vpn-gw.

If I sniff remotely in the virtual cisco vpn interface I can see icmp packets from virtual IP to private IP of my local host.

I understand that my router is detecting nat usage automatically, so shouldnt be an issue related to nat-traversal.

I have tryied to guess at least if traffic is reaching my local gw. How can I see if this udpencp packets comming from my remote vpn client are reaching at least my vpn gw?

Please, I would much apreciate some help on this....

Thanks in advance

Jorge

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: no traffic passing through VPN between R 877 and remote Cisc

All IP traffic passing through the interface is evaluated against the applied crypto map set. If a crypto map entry sees outbound IP traffic that should be protected and the crypto map specifies the use of IKE, a security association is negotiated with the remote peer according to the parameters included in the crypto map entry.

Views
Helpful
Replies