cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Tunnel to 501 from 3.5.1 client

steve
Level 1
Level 1

I am having difficulty in getting the tunnel to open on my PIX501 from a test client running v3.5.1

Used all sorts of configs from web site - none seem to work.

PIX is pingable from internet.

5 Replies 5

bhesk
Level 1
Level 1

Steve

Sorry - you can't telnet into the outside Interface of a PIX.

Have you tried using PDM to configure this? I use it and it normally takes about 30 seconds to configure the PIX to allow VPN client access....

Regards Barry

I have PDM version v1.1(2) and it don't seem to mention VPNs.

PIX has v6.1(4)

Have I an old PDM supplied with my brand new PIX?

Steve

Latest version are 6.2(2) for PIX and 2.0(2) for PDM.

Version 2 PDM includes support for VPNs - and includes a VPN Wizard - which is unbelievably good.

If you've got a valid CCO userid you can download them thru Software Centre.

Regards, Barry

Hi Barry

Many thanks for the info on version number.

I am taking my case direct to Customer Support Cisco UK regarding the pathetic attitude they have to their 'customers'.

If they cannot provide decent support eg updates to their firmware as a matter of course then, I shall be transferring the majority of my network solutions to 3Com - end of story.

Just to fill you in, we are a small data network company whose target market is SMEs and actually we are doing rather well with things like ADSL and cheaper leased lines making proper secure networks available to the masses!

I don't see why I should pay extra for SmartNet to get what should be support for equipment that is under guarantee and has been shipped from factory in such a poor condition - meaning software levels.

I get the impression that Cisco only give a damn about their partner companies and these partner companies really only give a damn about themselves - no goddamn wonder that our target market feel completely cut off from decent advice from larger and dare I say greedier IT companies.

cheers

Steve

Steve

Understand your frustrations.

If you want to talk about this further - give me a ring on 07879 485338. We may be able to put something into place for you.

Regards, Barry

Network Manager

Notability Solutions

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: