cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not getting isakmp and ipsec debug messages...GRRR!!!

jrichv
Level 1
Level 1

I have "debug crypto isakmp" "debug crypto ipsec" and "debug crypto engine" all turned "on" in my config, and have performed the "terminal monitor" command several times during my login. I connect externally to my PIX 520 - running 6.2(2) code - but do not see any crypto debug messages. Occasionally when I log out and reconnect, but before I type in a password, I get blasted with about one page worth of debug messages, but only when using Hyperterm. HELP?!?!? This makes troubleshooting VPN connectivity issues extremely difficult. I know this has worked before, for me personally, in the past, but now it no longer works....

3 Replies 3

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

I had a similar problem some time ago and the solution turned out to be pretty simple. The debug messages are sent out to one session only. All you need to do is to ensure that you'rs is the only session around and things should work fine.

Thanks, S-doyle, but I am positive that I am the only connection to that PIX. No one else has the ability to log in to that firewall. Plus, executing the 'who' command verifies that I am the only connection to it as well.

Also, sorry for the confusion - jrichv was an old cco login I had. This is my latest one - rvenable. Thanks again for the reply