cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NT password changing through AS5300

c.ebinger
Level 1
Level 1

We are about to change our NT policy to require user to change passwords. Can that change request flow through an AS5300 access server for remote user?

Is there any thing I need to do to the AS5300 config.

3 Replies 3

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

It sounds like your users are authenticating right off the NT database and you are not using a separate ACS server. If this is the case, nothing needs to be done on the AS5300. If you are using an ACS server, make sure that it isn’t caching the NT database.

We have 2 X AS5300 and CiscoSecure 2.4 with NT DB validation. Once past validation on the 5300 and user has logged on to the network they can change their NT password. Problem we have is if their NT password has expired they can't get past AS5300 validation so they're locked out of the network. Is there any work round for this other than never expiring NT passwords or a separate DB which I presume would have a load of users in with never expiring passwords.

I to am having the same problem. I have a tac case open and we are about to start working with prod development to get a work around. I will keep you posted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: