Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NTBACKUP slow Between interfaces

We have an ASA5520 with 4 interfaces. Whenever I run NTBACKUP between two interfaces, it takes a very long time to complete. When I run the same backup between two nodes but behind the same interface, the backup runs about 4 times faster. My question is, because I am using one of these interfaces to support our Police Department (DOJ-Compliance regulations) and the other interface is for our City Hall: will the port security slow down the traffic because the way our network is designed is that the Police Department LAN is at the "top" and all other network segments reside below. All "lower" LANS cannot access the PD LAN, but the PD LAN can access any of them (as long as the communication originates from the PD LAN). I have noticed that the PD interface has a port security level of 100 while the City Hall interface is 75. Could that be slowing my backup? Or could it be some type of inspection process that is examing the packets as they traverse the two interfaces? I am starting the backup on a PD Server, and pushing it over to a NAS sitting over at City Hall. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies