cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Object-Groups in IOS ACLs? *FEATURE REQUEST*

bnidacoc
Level 1
Level 1

The devices I have checked with 12.2, 12.3 code just a few months old, doesn't have object-groups (that I can find).

I love this feature in the PIXOS ACL and is is extremely scalable when you plan your projects/services out to make you job real easy. Keeps the ACLs visually organized too.

However on IOS, is just like the old ways, just we can now insert lines and small things like that.

Is there any announcement of this feature appearing in IOS ACLs?

If not, I'd like to make this feature request. Oh, and please put it in all feature sets, like IP Base, not just Advanced Security or something like this, its not an SPI function. Please put in IP Base and above.

5 Replies 5

bnidacoc
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else like this?

Yes! Having the object-group and group-object commands would be very helpful for IOS ACL's.

Anyone know how to turn this into a tracked feature request?

BTW, I wonder where my origonal message went...>?

I also would be happy to have this.

It would simplify my ACLs

but if all pix ASA features available in IOS, IOS would be the market killer of ASA series.

Is it reasonable for Cisco to maintain 2 software products ?

I remind that in the past, Pix has evoluted towards IOS compatibility from 3.x to 7.x release.

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Uses object grouping to simplify access list creation and maintenance. Not used in the VPN 3000 uses network lists to make configuration easier. But they are used in ASA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: