cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Object Tracking on a PIX

tschimmel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a config I have been working on to track an interface on a WAN router that maintain Point to Point interfaces to various sites. Does anyone know if it is possible to track a DLCI. I know it is a virtual ID, but maybe route tracking? What I need to do is to set up a PIX to redirect LAN traffic to a VPN. Currently only internet traffic is Passing through the PIX.

4 Replies 4

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

i'm really not sure of your requirement... can you brief a little more on what you exactly need ???

Well, we have about 15 sites around the country, Each has a FR shot and a separate VPN. Internet traffic goes through the PIX, regular traffic through the Sprint FR cloud. Each VPN has its different provider. We have Altigen for Voice that runs over the FR so QOS is implemented. I wish to track the interface on the FR side and when it goes down have the PIX, which all the traffic defaults to forward the traffic to the VPN. The voice will be touch and go, but that is ok, because we have POTS as well.

amohabir1
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like you might want to create a gre tunnel and pass some sort of dynamic routing protocol that will take care of the redirection of traffic. Can you post a diagram of what your setup looks like?

There are about 15 sites. I've attached a drawing of one, so you get the idea. They don't want to change from IPsec at the moment...I know, I know. Thanks for your interest and help.

Toni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card