Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

office through PIX515E to remote PPTP VPN

Hello,

I have a PIX515E which used to allow me to successfully connect to a client's VPN using Windows XP PPTP. I'm connecting successfully but the login/password stage is hanging. I've spent a couple of days on the issue and implemented various ideas including

conduit permit gre any any

conduit permit tcp host [ip] eq 1723

static(dmz,outside) [outsideIP] [dmzIP] netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

Also I've added:

fixup protocol pptp 1723

although I've read that my version of the firmware (6.3(1)) has a bug which was fixed in a subsequent upgrade.

tnx for any advice

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: office through PIX515E to remote PPTP VPN

you mentioned that it used to allow successfully connect. So was this working before ? Also i want to confirm that this is a Pix passthrough scenario.

Check PPTP server logs .

Customer owns PPTP server and unable to rapidly help me dx problem. Yes, PIX passthrough I think (outside IP mapped to inside IP) and I also added conduit statements yesterday for good measure.

I ended up connecting successfully through my 515E both via MacOS X and an XP Pro partition on the same computer and same IP address that couldn't connect via XP home. Rather than diagnose the issue with XP/home - and I've disabled firewall, created new VPN connection configs, etc. - I'll just work within XP/Pro.

However it may be interesting for me to search XP tech forums for any issues on PPTP for home version.

singhsaju:

one other question: Perhaps I didn't set something up completely. Could you define what you're asking about this being a PIX passthrough scenario ? I had assumed that the config I noted in my post would indicate that there's a passthrough going on but since you're asking the question, then you're welcome to assume that I didn't do everything needed to make this a passthrough scenario.

Just to re-state: I'm trying to get a machine inside my company network to connect through my 515E to the Internet, to a customer's VPN which appears to be an Windows NT-type PPTP machine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content