cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OH DEAR! "clear isakmp" and "clear ipsec" trauma... need some advice.

digl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The aforementioned 2 commands have been entered on my PIX 520 and all the vpn config disappeared. I have added the config lines back in from a text back up but none of my tunnels work now. I have even set one of them up from scratch now with a new pre-shared key, to no avail. Just a quicky, on the subject (ish) - I shouldn't have to allow access to a device via a "conduit" statement when using IPSEC should I? I assume the access list I use should see the destination or source as interesting and pop up the tunnel?

Thanks in Advance,

Ade

2 Replies 2

kdurrett
Level 3
Level 3

I'm sure you meant to clear the configurations :). Post your new config, will take a look at it. No, you wont need conduits when the traffic is coming through the vpn tunnel unless you dont have "sysopt connection permit-ipsec" in your config. The access list you use for interesting traffic will bring up the tunnels.

Kurtis Durrett

heh..

I actually meant to add "sa" to the end of the command, but had a bit of a brain fade... It's all working now - thanks very much for your response though mate.

Ade

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: