cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening Port 110 on Cisco 515 Pix Firewall

dnrsamuels
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a 515 Pix Firewall that I wanted to check if port 110 was open because I cannot POP3 into our Exchange server. I never worked on a Cisco firewall so I do not know any commands. Could you tell me how to check this on the firewall and also the command to open this port if it is closed as I suspect.

Thanks,

Dennis

6 Replies 6

uwkl
Level 1
Level 1

to verify use sh access-list, show conduit, everything inbound is denied unless explicitly permitted

Thanks for the reply. Would you know the command to open this port.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Here is a cisco document that will help you out :

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/28.html

If you need help let me know, hope this helps.

Jay.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned earlier, I've never used a Cisco firewall before so the doc that you pointed me to looks all "Chinese". I hope you understand what I mean. Look the firewall is working fine and I don't want to change anything else. All I want to do is open port 110 so that I can POP3 to my Exchange server that behind this firewall. If you could tell me the commands to do this, that would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Any chance you can paste your pix config (exclude private IP + Passwords) so that I can show you what to do ?

Thanks,

Jay.

you should already have a static to your exchange box (mail server) and a conduit allowing mail from the mailserver your ISP gave you. (port 25). Do the same statement for port 110 and you should be fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card